Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Have some fun!

Hey. Today was weight-in Wednesday. I lost four pounds this week. It's a little low due to a couple days off from my knee hurting. I had to ice it down and pop advil's like candy but it's better now. I have been at this for five weeks now and I'm at 34.5 pounds lost so far.

I have to confess I was a bit depressed from this weeks weight loss. Several friends reminded me that 4 pounds lost is still a loss! It's just been 5 weeks of a lot of sweat and effort and I have along way to go and I was letting it get me down. So that's where today's blog comes in. I took a day off from the gym to rest my muscles and to do something fun! I decided to go see a movie. Not a big thing you think. But I haven't gone to the movies in a long time. It was too hard to walk from the parking lot into the mall and to the theater. I would be out of breathe and my back would be killing me. Today I was able to walk in and see a movie pain free thanks to the weight I have lost so far. I enjoyed a good movie and had a soda and some milk duds to celebrate my weeks of hard work. I also took a drive to a nearby village to check out a gaming store I found on the net. I purchased a new card game a friend told me about and headed home.

By the time I returned home I was in a better mood and I felt my batteries have been recharged. I'm ready to head back to the gym tomorrow and to continue my journey. So make sure you take the time to have some fun so you remember what it is your fighting so hard to have again. A life.

Take care, until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're game is fun, and Congrats on all your hard work!!

    ReplyDelete