Wednesday, April 11, 2012

THATS A SERVING!!!

Hey. Last week I was not happy with my weekly weight loss and was forced to take a hard look at what I was eating. Even though I have been eating healthier I felt that I may have been misjudging the amount of food I was ingesting. To help with that I bought a digital food scale to start weighing the food. The first time I used it I was very surprised at how much, or how little, a serving of food actually was. With most things that you eat a serving size is usually around 3 ounces. The first time you see this it's pretty shocking. Especially living in a nation of "Biggie" or "Value" sizing. I doubt most people even know what a real serving size would look like.

Anywho, today is weigh-in Wednesday and I have been using the scale as much as possible since I got it. I also want to add that this was a hard week as it was Easter and there was lots of food and candy easily available. However I was strong and came through the week losing 8.8 pounds! That puts me at just over 50 pounds in 2 months time. Since I started this I have probably been averaging about 5 pounds a week so I think the scale and measuring my intake really helped me drop more weight this week. Lets hope the trend continues next week!

Take care, until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Glad that you are working towards that healthier lifestyle, can't wait to see the fruits of your labor when you get back up here in May...even if it is for a short visit..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parts of this post made me want to reply, that's what she said....Men and size good thing you bought a food scale. Your gender's just at a disadvantage when it comes spatial sizing. ;) Great job with your progress!

    ReplyDelete