Thursday, March 8, 2012

Music is the Key!

Hey. Ok so weigh-in Wednesday was yesterday. I lost 5.5 pounds this week. It's an acceptable amount considering I was sick and missed two days of workouts. But that's not what I want to talk about today.

Today I just wanted to talk about the importance of having some good music to help motivate you in your workout. At the gym I have a playlist on my phone for some general good rock/pop music. Stuff with a good beat and makes me want to tap my feet. I keep it on random to mix it up but I usually hear all the songs.

When I ride my bike I use my iPad to view TV shows via Netflix but usually the shows end before my ride is over so I quickly put on some music. I've found that some good powerful rock music can help me push harder and finish my ride on a high note. For whatever reason that music gives me a boost and makes me push more. You have to find what works for you but I believe music is a key to a good workout.

Take care, until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Agreed we have a great mix at bootcamp and it helps us get through the workout.

    Keep on rocking and rolling! :)

    ReplyDelete