Thursday, April 12, 2012

Accepting the new you.

Hey. So for many moons I have been pretty much a shut in. Yes I went to work...until that got too hard to do. But I rarely did anything else and more to the point rarely went anywhere else. The internet and me became good friends. I could order anything I wanted, including food, and have it delivered! I no longer had to go to places and struggle with what should be an easy task of walking into a store, doing some shopping and coming back out. Most people don't give it a second thought. But when your morbidly obese it's a nightmare! Sometimes I would talk myself out of a purchase just to not have to go get it.

Now that I have lost 50 pounds and can move around a lot better I want to do more things. It's spring time and the weather is beautiful here. I want to go out and play. But ole' fat me in the back of my head is saying...you can't go out...Your gonna get tired...It's gonna hurt...Sit back down.

If you hear ole' fatty in the back of your head...tell him to STFU!

Take care, until next time!

5 comments:

  1. Hey there new Kal El, don't be too hard on that old guy. Just expose him to all the fun he's been missing, I'm sure he'll come around.

    I bet he'll love those roller coasters you've been working towards. :) If not just tell him to watch out for Hammers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey now, don't throw any hammers at me Thor girl! ;)

      Delete
  2. The "OLD" you is soon to be dead and gone....cause the "NEW" you is ready for LIVING...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey man... Just wanted to tell you I have been lurking for the last week or so and I wanted to congratulate you on your success.

    I have a lot of respect for people like you who make the decision to change and go for it, whatever that change may be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ponyboy. Glad to have you lurking. :-)

    ReplyDelete