Friday, February 24, 2012

Weigh-in Wednesday!

Hey. So one week down. I started on a Wednesday so my weight in days will follow in weekly increments. Ok so the first week wasn't too bad. I got settled in at my parents house. Got my bedroom and a spare room all set up for me. Put the exercise bike in the garage. I started out doing two fifteen minute sessions on the bike. Thinking this should give me my half an hour or exercise per day. I started on a low tension setting but gradually increased the level until I was comfortable with it.

I am averaging just over one mile every five minutes on the bike. All of my sessions have ended with me biking over 6 miles in the half an hour period. Some sessions I have pushed harder and made it 7 or even 8 miles. On Monday my father and I went to the local Planet Fitness where I have a gym membership. My father gets to come in free as a guest on my membership so it works out great as he's trying to be supportive of me and lose a few pounds himself. Gym workouts for me are mostly about building muscle. Muscle burns calories and the fat. This first day at the gym was mostly about finding some equipment I am comfortable using and trying to establish a routine. We went around 10 am to get in between the early morning people and the lunch crowd. Most of the equipment was available and there was no wait to use anything. We had a good workout.

So I guess I should tell you what you want to know. How much weight did I lose? Well it was a good week. I lost 16.8 pounds!!!

Just a pebble on the beach as far as my goal is concerned but it's a good start!

Take care, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment