Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Treat yourself!

You know, sometimes you just have to treat yourself!

You ever have those days that starts off bad and just goes downhill from there?  Things seem to multiply like a snowball on a steep slope?  This is usually followed by a brief period or run of good luck and life is going ok for a bit and then BLAMO!  You get smacked down with one big thing and that starts the snowball a rolling!  

You know that feeling?  Yeah me too. 

 I had one of those days and I decided to do something for myself that would cheer me up instead of continuing on a downward spiral of depression.  I decided I'm not going to continue down the depression spiral and I halted it by doing something nice for me.  In my case, it was hot out and I just finished working out at the gym so I granted myself the pleasure of a snowball.  Just a simple treat.  Something to pick me up and turn around my day.  And it worked.  I enjoyed my small treat (always use the moderation rule when treating yourself) and I got back to working out.  I didn't let the events earlier in the day make me curl up in a ball in my bed or stuff my face with junk food.  

Now a word of caution.  Yes it is ok to treat yourself, but sometimes you can try to be too good and actually wreck your treat.  Don't get the sugar free snowballs.  Get a small regular one and you will be much happier!  

1 comment: