Thursday, May 3, 2012

Have your cake and eat it too!



Hey.  During my weight loss journey I have had to make sacrifices to achieve my goals.  I had to cut out the sodas.  Stay away from the fast food joints and worse of all cut out the sweets and junk food.  As I have been doing this I've been working on collecting and testing recipes that are mostly healthy and won't shoot my calorie intake thru the roof.  I found this great site called Pepperplate.com that you can import your recipes into and use it to plan out your dishes ahead of time.  It even creates a shopping list for you based on the dishes you selected.  Another nice feature is the list of sites that you can import recipes from.  Once such site was called Skinnytaste.com.   I picked up several recipes I wanted to try including some interesting crock pot dishes but then I took a look at their dessert section.  They had several low calorie dessert option that would allow you a taste of what you were craving without blowing your diet.
    Today I tried my hand at one of those recipes called a Homemade Skinny Chocolate Cake. This was a pretty simply cake to make and I think it came out awesome!  Each 2.5 inch square piece are only 163 calories and help quench that chocolate craving you may be having. So if your really craving something sweet and yummy don't deprive yourself.  Treat yourself!  Check out some of the other recipes on Skinnytaste.com and here is the link for the skinny chocolate cake recipe.

Take care, until next time! 

2 comments:

  1. The recipe looks yummy and the author, Gina has some yummy recipes. Hope you enjoy your cake and eat it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So if they're that low fat, I can eat like half a dozen, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete